C-Roads Czech Republic
C-Roads Czech Republic aims to deploy cooperative systems (C-ITS) in compliance with relevant standards in order to achieve an interoperable system operation at the European level, while providing harmonised services to its users (drivers, authorities, etc.), regardless of the technology used on-board of vehicles.
One of the main goals of the C-Roads Czech Republic is to verify coexistence, reliability, security and functioning of the mutual linking between ITS-G5 and LTE communication technologies, commonly referred to as a ´hybrid cooperative system´, which mainly reduces deployment costs and increases reliability of the system. LTE-V technology is being tested as well. Considerable effort is being devoted to the security of the hybrid communication which is paramount of importance.
A unique pilot site within C-Roads Czech Republic is devoted to the verification of C-ITS use cases for railway level crossings. The aim is to evaluate possibilities of C-ITS services to prevent collisions of trains with road vehicles.
Achievements of the pilot project are being demonstrated by field tests recorded and assessed according to the developed procedures, at the deployment sites in the Czech Republic as well as in other Member States, in order to achieve an interoperable cooperative system harmonised at the European level.
The Czech C-Roads pilot sites are located on the Rhine-Danube Core Network Corridor in the section München/Nürnberg – Praha, on the Orient-East Med Core Network Corridor in the section Praha – Brno, and on the urban nodes Plzen, Brno and Ostrava. Plzen and Ostrava are situated on the Rhine-Danube Core Network Corridor. Ostrava and Brno are situated on the Baltic-Adriatic Core Network Corridor. Cooperative system are being deployed on more than 200 km of Core Network Corridors and municipalities network belonging to these motorways (Brno, Plzen).
The services will be implemented by Individual C-Roads Czech Republic project partners:
Implementation of C-ITS services via ITS G5
- Road and motorway Directorate (RSD) of the Czech Republic
- City of Brno (via. Brněnské komunikace)
- Správa železnic, state organization (SŽDC)
- City of Ostrava and Plzeň (via. their public transport companies)
- AŽD Praha
Implementation of hybrid C-ITS system based on ITS G5 and current LTE technologies
- O2 CZ
- INTENS Corporation
- T-Mobile CZ
Implementation of new cellular technologies (LTE-V)
- T-Mobile CZ
Evaluation and Assessment of implemented systems:
- Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of Transportation Sciences (CTU)
- 2016 – 2017 – development of security protocols and specifications, technical and functional specification according to current standards, public procurement of the C-ITS pilot deployment.
- 2018 – 2019 – deployment of C-ITS, development of procedure for assessment of reliability and safety
- 2019 – 2020 – testing and assessment of the deployed C-ITS services according to the developed procedures in order to evaluate functionality and interoperability and possibly identify reliability and safety issues