C-Roads Portugal consists in the deployment of 5 C-ITS testbed Macro Pilot cases in the Atlantic Corridor in Portugal, covering relevant sections of the core network and comprehensive network and of its two urban nodes. Combined with the testbed pilot cases, the project will also develop a study aiming for the National large scale deployment of C-ITS services, notably Day-1 services and, selected, Day-1,5
Pilot 1 – Single Acess Point – SPA and SPApp usage app for SPA Services
This activity consists on the design of the National Single Point of Acess (SPA) prototype designed in compliance with the Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2015/962 and the Commission Delegated Regulation 886/2013 and covering information of around 3390 km (20%) of the network. In addition, a mobile application (SPApp) that will provide added value services on the basis of the information provided by the SPA will be also tested together with the SPA prototype. This pilot will pave the way for the future implementation of the SPA in Portugal.
Pilot 2 – Portuguese network for C-ITS
This activity consists on the deployment of a pilot to test Day 1 and Day 1.5 services over 460 km of the core and comprehensive network, including cross-border sections in Valença and Caia, and roads giving access to urban nodes of Lisbon and Porto. This activity will test these services in different kind of roads (metropolitan areas, interurban roads, streets and highways) using hybrid communication system (ITS G5 and Cellular).
Pilot 3 – Network preparation for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles
This activity consists on the deployment of a pilot that will prepare TEN-T network for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles with levels of automation 2 and 3, also using hybrid communication system (ITS G5 and Cellular).
Pilots 4 and 5 – C-ITS Pilot in the 2 Urban Nodes - Lisbon and Porto
These activities consist of the deployment of a C-ITS Pilot in the Lisbon and Porto urban node.
Region(s) (using the NUTS2 nomenclature):
- Alentejo (PT18)
- Algarve (PT15)
- Centro (PT) (PT16)
- Lisboa (PT17)
- Norte (PT1 1)
C-Roads PORTUGAL involves 31 partners from the public and private sector:
- Instituto da Mobilidade e dos Transportes, I.P.;
- Infraestruturas de Portugal, I.P.
- IP Telecom, S.A.;
- Câmara Municipal de Lisboa;
- Câmara Municipal do Porto;
- STCP - Sociedade de Transportes Coletivos do Porto, S.A.;
- EMEL - Empresa Publica Municipal de Estacionamento de Lisboa, E.E.M.;
- FEUP - Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto; • Brisa Concessão Rodoviária, S.A.;
- Ascendi Beiras Litoral e Alta, Auto Estradas das Beiras Litoral e Alta, S.A.;
- Autoestradas Norte Litoral – Soc. Concessionaria - AENL, S.A.;
- Autoestrada do Algarve - Via do Infante – Soc. Concessionaria - AAVI, S.A.;
- CaetanoBUS - Fabricação Carroçarias, S.A.;
- Brisa Inovação e Tecnologia, S.A.;
- GMVIS Skysoft, S.A.;
- ARMIS, Sistemas de Informação, Lda.;
- Siemens, S.A.;
- Vialivre, S.A.;
- DMS Displays & Mobility Solutions Lda.;
- Scutvias - Autoestradas da Beira Interior, S.A.;
- Lusoponte - Concessionaria para a Travessia do Tejo, S.A.;
- Brisal - Autoestradas do Litoral, S.A.;
- AEDL - Autoestradas do Douro Litoral, S.A.;
- AEA - Autoestradas do Atlântico- Concessões Rodoviárias de Portugal, S.A.;
- Ascendi Grande Lisboa - Autoestradas da Grande Lisboa, S.A.;
- Ascendi do Grande Porto - Autoestradas do Grande Porto, S.A.;
- Ascendi Norte - Autoestradas do Norte, S.A.;
- Ascendi Costa de Prata - Autoestradas da Costa de Prata. S.A.;
- Norscut Concessionaria de Autoestradas, S.A.;
- TIS.PT, consultores em Transportes, lnovação e Sistemas. S.A.;
- Via Verde Serviços, S.A.;
Key Performance Indicators
With C-Roads Portugal successfully completed, C-ITS services will be implemented along 964 km ensuring a continuity of service in urban nodes and core network. In total 212 RSU will be installed with 180 OBU and 162 vehicles in operation.